Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

shooting groups
 Login/Join

posted
How many rounds should you shoot through a new while breaking it in before you worry about shooting groups?Also,what effect would a 20mph tailwind have on youre groups?Thanks in advance!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joey:
How many rounds should you shoot through a new while breaking it in before you worry about shooting groups?Also,what effect would a 20mph tailwind have on youre groups?Thanks in advance!

I use the Sinclair type break in of shoot one clean five times, twox5,3x5 and so forth to 5x5.....I use this to fireform brass and adjust scope.....after this I shoot groups..but I shoot "groups" while doing the break in..I just use it to get used to the trigger, recoil and how the gun rides the bags in the small early shoot/clean but the later larger 3-5 I use them for pratice.....a rare STRAIGHT tail wind should have little effect on the impact of the bullet but any angle will move the bullet sideways.....good luck and good shooting!!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A tail wind shouldn't affect you as long as you're not in rolling or side sloping countryside. As to the shoot and clean process, the advice in the post before this seems to have it pretty well down pat. You'll probably utter a sigh of relief when finished. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote