New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: .204 BRASS ? MUST BE A MYSTERY!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It's not readily available as new brass yet but I'm sure is will be. Meanwhile you can make it from .222 Magnum or look for some once fired on auction sites. As for reloading data, Hodgon has some on their web site here.

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Has any of the makers started making brass for this new caliber? I checked Midway and didn't see a thing. Smoker

Posts: 215 | Location: NYS | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have any info concerning reloading components on this caliber?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got the new Guns and Ammo and there's an article by Bob Forker on reloading the 204. -WSJ

Posts: 300 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of South40
posted Hide Post
Grafs http://www.grafs.com/ offers Hornady bullets and reloading dies -- S40

Posts: 442 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 28 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks, just bought a 12FV and swore I saw bullets and almost thought I saw brass for sale but could not remember where. I'll check out your sites. Thanks again, Smoker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Redding also is producing dies...I bought a thousand Hornady VMax 40 grain blems from Midsouth a couple months ago......

Posts: 128 | Location: western PA | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Factory Hornady brass is going to be hard to come by unless you buy their factory loads or do like one poster said and go on the online auctions and bid for it. Of course, you can do like another poster said and fire form your own out of Remington .222 Magnum brass. I have worked up a fire forming load with 32 gr. Hornady bullets that shoots in the .5" to .7" range for 5-shot groups, so I will take some of those out and do some prairie dog shooting with them.

Redding, Forster, RCBS, Hornady, Lee all make dies for the .204 Ruger. I think there are a couple more that do too. Bullets can be had from Hornady in 32 and 40 gr. V-Max, from Berger in 30, 35, 40, and 50 gr. The first two weights are FB HP, and the last two are the Length Tolerant bullets and are boattail bullets. Unmussig makes the 35 and 40BT bullet- someone bought the Bill Lucas .204 bullet making dies and they should be up and running soon and you can check at this site for updates on that situation: Lucas bullets

Remington has factory loads for the .204 Ruger using their Remington Premier AccuTip-V boattail bullets for both the 32 gr. and 40 gr. stuff. I don't know who makes their bullets, maybe they do???

I bought a bunch of those "blem" bullets in the 32 gr. weight a while back. I haven't tried them, but they all look like the same thing as what comes in the Hornady bulk bullet boxes. I can see no flaws in them. I haven't weighed any of them, but they should be good varmint medicine regardless.

Posts: 192 | Location: Northwest North Dakota | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
smoker, You've got an email with some tips and directions!!! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
woodhick, Silverfox, groundhog devastation, thanks much for the info. Got your e-mail groundhog devastation, and returned one. Thanks again folks, now I know there are some components to be had. Smoker