Find
Notify
Tools

223 load and twist rate
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted
I have just acquired a 112 savage stainless bull barrell with synthetic stock. It has a long barrell 24 1/4 from tip of the barrell to start of the barrell nut. I have been looking trying to find the twist rate to start trying to find a good load for it. Anyone know where to find that info? I am alos looking for suggestions on where to start with reloads.Thanks

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
My Savage 12VBSS-S Stabalizes bullets up to 75 grains nicely. Be willing to share all my .223 data over E-Mail if you want to send me your address. waveroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The newer Savage 223's are 1:9" twist

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted Hide Post
My email is nutjob@charter.net. thanks.

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bartsche, I'd also like anything you can send me, especialy with the Varmint Nightmare bullets and surplus powders. Thanks

bja105@hotmail.com

Do private messages work here? I couldn't do it. Maybe its an intelligence test.

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted Hide Post
Wow thats alot of info. you have spent some time and really done your homework here. Thanks so much. I see there are a few tests here that I was considering trying. I will bve more than happy to share my results with you. Anybody ever use IMR 4895? I really like it in my 270 and used it with good success on my 308.

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bja105:
Bartsche, I'd also like anything you can send me, especialy with the Varmint Nightmare bullets and surplus powders. Thanks

bja105@hotmail.com

Will try to get it out to you tommorow. getting a little tired to-nite beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bartsche,
I just sent you an IM with my e-mail address.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
SA Stainless Savages,Swift Premier Scopes and SSS Triggers.

Posts: 25 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ray Spencer
posted Hide Post
bartsche,
IM sent with my email, Thanks a bunch, I'm new to this small bore thing Smiler

Posts: 68 | Location: Caldwell, Id. | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote