Notify
Tools

Best turret press
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BER007
posted
Hi All,

I'm wondering what is the best turret press on the market for the moment. I have a lee 4 holes press, but i want to upgrade my reloading material for my hunting and benchrest calibers. For the moment I have ssen the Redding 7-turret press, the RCBS turet press, the Dillon At 500 and the Lyman T-1.

I want to have the press which has the less play inside it, in order to have the best combo with my micometer seater dies and with my other dies as well.

Thanks for you input.

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sir; no personal experience except lee 4 hole turret; but i wonder if the rotating shell plate and die plate stationary like a dillon 500 or a semi progressive press would be better. i think i may go with the rcbs 2000 semi progressive press since the powder measure is not on the die plate. what do you think? i really like the lee turret for handguns since i batch load and keep the sizing and crimp dies in the turret and size cases on a rcbs parner press.

Posts: 107 | Location: alabama | Registered: 18 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Redding by far.

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have been using the Lyman press for years (when they were still orange but after they put the threaded rod on to keep the turret steady) and it works great.

That Redding press looks really nice; I think if I was just getting one, I would go with that...it looks like a very stable design.

JR

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got the Lyman turret, an RCBS piggyback, Rockchucker, and a Redding T-7. I'd go with the T-7 over all of them.

And, I think it's the best on the market. In terms of function, it's probably about the same as the RCBS turret press. But when you consider the precision of the construction and the cleanliness of the lines (no tool marks, consistent finish, etc.) I think the redding takes the cake.

Posts: 68 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 13 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I own an old Texan seven hole press, it is massive, rock solid steel and I love it, but unfortunately no longer produced, although I have seen them occasionally on ebay.

That being said, of those you named, the Redding is by far the best press.

one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
Give a try to the Posness Warren Metallic II. You won't be dissapointed!

Posts: 748 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote