Find
Notify
Tools

Dillion 650 press question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted
Have had mine for almost 20 years now, only load .45 acp on it. When I first bought it, i also bought the bullet counter accessory that mounts in the same place on the toolhead as the crimp die. The other day I went to try and do some adjustment on the piece (threaded rod) that hangs down into the die and is activated when the nose of the bullet contacts it, pushes the counter rod up and records another loaded round on the actual counter face. In trying to re adjust the rod and with the assembly out, the tension spring that resets the counter rod became "unloaded" or lost its tension. Ive talked with Dillion Precision and they no longer have parts for, or make this bullet counter accessory so I can't use their normal good warranty service help to get going again. Any ideas out there on how or what tool I could use to get this tension spring "re-loaded" so the thing will work again.
Mind it that this counter has no bearing on the actual loading of cartridges, it simply counted how many were being loaded in any given reloading session.
Willi

Posts: 578 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe you can find a used one on E-Bay. Does Dillon make a new counter that fits the 650?

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
try ace hardware.
i get return springs,and lube pump springs for my star lubers there.
to re-do a spring you have to de-temper wind and retemper the whole thing.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote