New
Find
Notify
Tools

FED X
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Was just browsing through Natchez site and in big red letters it states that as of 6/28/2022 Fed X will require a Government Issued Photo ID for any HazMat deliveries!

?????????? WTF !

Hip

Posts: 1881 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
too many porch pirates.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that the reason there are so many porch pirates is that the Fed X and UPS guys leave packages right in the middle of the front steps so anyone can see them---at least in my neighborhood.
I was a UPS driver years ago, one of my first jobs and I never left packages like I see done today!
Another instance is a sent a revolver back to Ruger for an upgrade and it was sitting on MY front stoop the very next day!

Hip

Posts: 1881 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
That is also why UPS requires handguns to go 2 day air; too many drivers were stealing them. In some neighborhoods, you don't want anything left alone. Here, they leave anything, safely.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
It could be that Fed x is just responding to an anal retentive federal bureaucracy. They do have an affinity for overbearing regulations.

Posts: 10164 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another instance is a sent a revolver back to Ruger for an upgrade and it was sitting on MY front stoop the very next day!

Several years ago the very first item I had shipped directly to me under my then recently-acquired C&R License was a vintage and pricey Sako in a very rare caliber. I discovered it where UPS had tossed it in the ditch by my gate next to a busy paved road several hundred yards from my house.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I'm out in the country + Fed X + UPS are notorious for just dropping pkgs off down at the road by the driveway instead of going to the effort of driving 1/4 mile up my driveway + dropping it at the house. Lost a lot of stuff that way.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just an update! Driver came to the door and knocked with the package but he didn't require any ID or a signature. But he has signed for me before, no problem!

Hip