Find
Notify
Tools

300grn 44cal
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Who makes 300grain .44 slugs?

I have a little Ruger carbine in .44 and hear they like heavy bullets though I con't find any 300gn bullets...

Who make the 265?

Thanks

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In factory ammo check out the Federal 300 Cast core.. not sure it gets any better.....

For loading your own I suspect there are quite a few out there. Personally I use bullets by Beartooth bullets in Idaho-there 250 Keith Hard cast.

Good luck

"GET TO THE HILL"

Dog

Posts: 879 | Location: Bozeman,Montana USA | Registered: 31 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
I use 300 grain Cast Performance bullets in my 444 Marlin. They work very well in 444 and 44 mags. If I was going to choose one for a 44 Mag. rifle it would be this bullet, it has a lot of surface area and should hit hard.
Is it a semi-auto ruger or a lever action? I think they use similar mags, and they should feed well, although I haven't tried them in a ruger.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of barefootarkie
posted Hide Post
Hornady bullets in 265 and 300 grain are listed at MidwayUSA's web. Several other bullet makers there have 300 grain 44cal. bullets listed. While it might be hard for you to order from MidwayUSA, you can check them out to see what is available for what your looking for. Hope this helps. Jimmy

Posts: 51 | Location: Redfield,Ar | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input gents.
Can anyone tell me where I can find any of these bullets?

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Your local dealer or any of the on-line sellers.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EXPRESS:
Who makes 300grain .44 slugs?

Who make the 265?

Thanks

Hornady for both questions?

www.midwayusa.com

[ 09-08-2003, 17:43: Message edited by: POP ]

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote