New
Find
Notify
Tools

H414 with light bullets in 308
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For many reasons including the licensing system here in the UK I am restricted to H414 powder and bits I can borrow so I don't have any room to try different powder or heads, yet. However I am new to reloading and am experimenting with assistance from a partner in crime and as you might imagine I have questions :-)

So, does anyone have any experience of loading this powder with light bullets? I'm specifically looking for fairly light loads for 110 grain A-Max heads.

I thought that the light heads at a fairly low velocity would make for an ideal plinking round to use at the range and while practising. I started with 50 grains of H414 (which nearly fills the case) and was seeing a velocity of about 2850ish and I have 3 rounds with 49 grains loaded up and ready to go as soon as I get the chance. However, I know that there is someone on here that has tried nearly everything under the sun so any thoughts or suggestions are gratefully received. My aim is to get something fairly accurate and consistent (the mil surplus ammo I've been using has significant variation between boxes) that is easy to shoot and not too costly.