THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

30-30 reloading speer 110gr hp won't chamber???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
these 110 gr speer hp won't chamber. I seat them to the cannerel (spelling?). I think they are not chambering because the taper does not start until it's close to the tip. There's the usual groove (where I seated to) but there's another groove closer to the point of the bullet. This groove is smooth unlike the usual groove. Should I be seating this bullets to the smooth groove?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are using Spire Pointed 110 grainers, you have to single load them if you are loading them into a lever action 30/30... the Overall Cartridge Length ( C.O.A.L.) is too long with a spire point seated at the cannelure in my experiences

If you are not going to crimp the bullet, then just seat it to the length that you would a round nose ( COAL) and try to load it that way....

I hope you are not trying to load pointed bullets in a tubular magazine anyway.... that could give you some BAD results....

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 110 speer hp I'm using are flat nose. I just came from my reloading bench. I seated the bullet down further almost to the smooth grove and now they chamber. I pushed it little by little until it would chamber.