Notify
Tools

Deleted by User
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DJM
posted
Deleted by User

Posts: 585 | Location: Lincolnshire, England | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
<1GEEJAY>
posted
Hey'
They are pretty good.I've killed hogs with them,in .223.I am pretty sure,they have loaded ammo.Try their web site.
1geejay
www.shooting-hunting.com

one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
I have no firsthand experience with them on game (only paper where they are GREAT), but I understand they are a comparatively frangible bullet. One of the varmint hunter sites reported that they kill chucks and the like much better than other match bullets of similar weight.

My two cents, worth every penny

Redial

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Patrick_D>
posted
DJM,

The A-max is very similar to V-max, but for the British handloader there is one important difference - you can mail order them because they are primarily a target projectile. I have never seen factory ammunition here, but David at Handloaders in Scunthorpe would certainly sell the bullets mail-order for a reasonable price.

I'm currently working up some loads in .222 using 52-grain A-max. I have never gone up to 105 grains in my .243, but it does like Hornady a lot better than Nosler.

Patrick

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how they perform on game but I use 75 gr. A-max in my .223; superb!! Are we going to try to get this thread to rival that of "using sierra match kings on game?

I buy my bullets from URL=http://www.lockstock.com]lock, stock & barrel[/URL] and with postage, VAT and duty they work out at �105 / 1000.

Despite what you may have been told there are no restrictions on so called expanding bullets unless they are, or have been, loaded in ammunition. If you don't believe me then check the law, that means the actual text of the act, not the garbage spouted by acpo and their collaborators.

Posts: 157 | Location: england | Registered: 03 September 2001Reply With Quote