Find
Notify
Tools

Powder prices?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted
Went to a small local gun store that deals mainly in reloading supplies. Got a can of IMR 4350 for $25.99.
Stopped at another locally owned high volume store that carries very few reloading supplies. Their 1 lb IMR cans were $39.99 but their 8 lb jugs were within $10 or so of the other store. So in the 8 lb jugs that would be within a dollar or 2 a pound but $15 more a pound for the one pound jugs. They claim they had to pay more for the last powder they bought.
Anyway what are you paying for powder?

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I was at Dunns and Graffs last Saturday. Prices had returned to normal and supply was good.

Primmers however.....that's still crazy!

I picked up 500 .224 Hornady 55 grn FMJBT at Graffs for $49

So things are looking up.......I talked to two gun dealers this past week and was tild that gun sakes have slowed to a crawl

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found myself in a pinch for Reloder 15 a couple weeks back, and Bass Pro Shops had some. Problem was, it was #29.99/lb. BEFORE state sales tax!!! That is almost 50% above what I am used to paying for powder.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't bought any 8lb canisters lately but the 1lb cans have been anywhere from $22.99 to 26.99 depending on which local gun shop.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i bought 8# of IMR3031 & IMR4198 for $150 per jug this week. The store didn't have any RL-7 in 5# jugs so i bought some 1 pounders for $21 per lbs. and a pound of IMR7828 SSC was $22. Haven't seen RL-15 around here in a long while. I need 5# jug as i'm down to my last pound.

Posts: 130 | Location: mo | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cowboy_Dan
posted Hide Post
I recently started reloading and all the powders I've bought (AA #'s 7&9, Win 296) have been in the neighborhood of $25 a pound.

What were prices like before the scare?

Posts: 164 | Location: Northern Indiana | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
23 to 28

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$25 or so in most of NC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Red Dot $22, most others $23-27 in the Minneapolis area. Gander Mountain has a new super gun store here. Saw that shot was $59.95 for 25 pounds ( have bought some in the mid $40 recently and thought that was high). I left without seeing what powder cost.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2646 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
Sounds like $25 a pound is reasonable for today's prices. I was just glad to be able to find IMR 4350

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
~50 Euro per lbs US-propelant........... Roll Eyes

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys,
Two websites that have different powders on a fairly basis are www.3rdgss.com and www.powdervalleyinc.com
You have to keep checking but they seem to come up with a regular assortment of powders and some primers. And the pricing is very competitive. The last Powder I bought from them was Varget and I think it was about 193 for 8 lbs shipped. Its the hazmat charges that hurt.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Boy are you guys lucky. Only about 3 places in & around Fairtown for reloading supplies. It's easier to find chickens with teeth than it is to find reloading supplies. Then, again, we're at the end of the supply train & it seems like we only get the garbage the ret of the country doesn't want.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Powder has been off and on around eastern Kansas; the prices for Hodgdon and Alliant that I have seen run about $25-$29.

Now 22LR, that's what I can't find... Confused

sputster

Posts: 760 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7mmfreak:
$25 or so in most of NC

My friend paid $64.00 for a 4 pound of Unique in March, that's $16 a pound. (In N.C.)

But I just paid $35 for a pound of V.V. 3N37 (In N.Y.)
thumbdown

Posts: 213 | Location: ┌\oo/┐ Tick infested woods of N.Y. | Registered: 26 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Drove 2hrs to a show in PA this weekend.
primers $32, good selection.
imr rifle powder $22, plenty of it...
22LR was still $50 a brick
6.5 Grendel wolf $16 a box.

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wish I could find any powder at reasonable prices-
only powder I see now is for very inflated prices on gunbroker.com.

Need Reloader 15 badly...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was at a gun show in Columbia, TN and the prices for primers, brass, and powder were obscene. And most of the rifles for sale were junk.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I had a very similar experience at the Fort Worth gun show this last weekend. Lots of knife sharpeners, pickle juice and jerky salesmen and all the fake jewelry studded purses for your girlfriend. Only, one guy there selling dies, and very few quality guns...

Very typical of most of todays gun shows.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just paid £45.00 for a lb of H4895. Buck fifty to the £1. Never been much cheaper Eekerjc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cabelas in KC had some IMR powder for $22/lb, but I do not remember which kinds. I did pick up a brick of 22lr Remington for $21 as well. Happened to be there the day they got the shipment.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote