posted
deleted

Macs B
U.S. Army Retired
Alles gut!

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Duplicating factory rounds one-to-one is not an easy task. First, because the factory is unlikely to tell you what powder they used - in fact, different lots of ammo may actually contain different powders, depending on what was available at the time of production. Secondly, ammo manufacturers may have access to powder not available to the general public.

If you can find the specific bullets (possibly a simple RWS softnose?) your barrel seems to like, the best bet is probably to try working up a load with powders available to you. Data for the 7mm Rem Mag is readily available. You can choose to use data for 160-165 grs bullets, that should not make a big difference, as long as you work up from below as prescribed for all load development.

If you can't find the specific bullet, try a Nosler 160 grs Accubond or a Sierra Game King. They normally shoot pretty well.

For powders, you can start out with RWS cannister powders. At least there is a chance one of these (Swedish, Bofors produced) powders may be the one used in the factory ammo. No guarantees, though. R905 may be a good place to start for the caliber/bullet weight you are looking at.

I know this was not what you wanted, but I have a feeling you'll have a hard time finding the specific Geco load formula.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I may suggest a course of action ; Start with bullet selection and weight of which your particular Rifle

prefers . Such as ; Manufacturer: Hornady 2845
Item: 86665

7mm Caliber, .284" Diameter, 162 Grain Boat Tail Soft Point, Hornady InterLock Rifle Bullets, 100 Bullets per Box
0.514 ballistic coefficient
0.287 sectional density

Boat tail hollow point bullets have a truncated conical shape at the base of the bullet and a hollow cavity in the bullet's nose, which generates rapid expansion and penetration. Streamlining stabilizes bullet and increases accuracy.

Specifications and features:
Aerodynamic secant ogive delivers flat trajectories and great accuracy
Tapered jacket for deep penetration and controlled expansion
InterLock ring locks core and jacket together
Lead alloy core is tough enough for any game

The InterLock bullet is designed to be the most dependable bullet you can take with you into the field. The ring assures perfect mushroom expansion without jacket/core separation. The bullet retains more mass, energy and momentum after impact. Superb stopping power!

Case ;

http://store.huntingtons.com/p...17349&cat=275&page=1
RWS 7mm Rem Mag, RW2144875,

Powder N560 66.5 grain should work nicely for you
Start MPS FPS Maximum MPS FPS
N560 60.3 823 2700 68.7 925 3035

Primers RWS ; They should be available too you in Germany .

I believe you'll find this an excellent substitute .Be sure an have whom ever is re loading for you

pay close attention to Over all cartridge length and match it as close as possible too your last RWS/Gecko

salute archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Macs B,

Just my opinion, but relax if you don't find anymore. Chances are you won't find the same lot number and that is the most important thing you can do when you find a factory ammo that shoots that well. I've had factory ammo shoot well from rifles, went and bought more of it even though it was a different lot #. The newer stuff didn't shoot the same.

Next time you find factory ammo that shoots that well, go back to where you bought it and buy every box with the same lot # that you can.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marcs, if your rifle will shoot that well with factory loads, I'm sure you can do just as well, if not better with reloads. RL22, H1000, and H4831 would be good powders to start with.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote