New
Find
Notify
Tools

Powder Question for Stephen Ricciardelli
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Steve, Do you have any information on the burning rate of a fine-grained (similar to 4227 or 5744 in appearance only) Bofors-produced powder called "EB-11 Rifle"? "EB" refers to the Ensign-Bickford Corp. of CT, which apparently imported said powder in the '80's or early '90's. No one at EB knew anything about it and the Bofors site was of no value at all since I don't speak (or read) Swedish. Btw, my gut feeling is that EB-11R was used to load the 5.56 x 45mm round, but I'm not certain. I appreciate any assistance you can render. ...Maven

Posts: 480 | Location: N.Y. | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
AltaVista's still got a translator for web pages. Don't know if it's got Swedish, but it can't hurt to look.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Post the url to Bofors website. There are lots of guys here who can read Swedish and might be able to help! Put something like "help with Swedish webpage" in the title so it will be seen.

jpb -- who can (sort of!) read Swedish... at least regarding really important topics like guns, hunting and women!

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Geesh.....haven't seen Bofor's powders in ages!!

Check with "Cheddite" or "Chedite", however it is spelled.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help! I tried all of the above suggestions and still came up with nothing. Would it help if I posted some chrono. results obtained with EB-11R with cast bullets in the .243Win.? ...Maven

Posts: 480 | Location: N.Y. | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote