THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: Bullet Weight - Logic Problem for everyone... *DELETED*

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Bullet Weight - Logic Problem for everyone... *DELETED*
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

one of us
posted Hide Post
OK folks, it looks like the thread is winding down. Time to bring forth some "acurate" Comparisons. I thought at first that I'd just provide you all with the way "I know" that works 100% of the time to determine which one of the 12 Bullets is different and if it is heavier or if it is lighter. Then I looked at some of the answers and decided that some of you may(?) know a better way.

So, what I'm going to do is ask those of you who can do it in either "one" or "two" Comparisons to let the rest of us in on how you did it. Maybe I can learn something here.

Here is the set-up:

A Double Pan Scale -> ____________________ ^ ____________________

12 Bullets -> 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

One of the above Bullets is either Heavier or Lighter. For those of you who can show me how to determine which one it is and if it is Heavier or Lighter in "one" or "two" Comparisons, I'd appreciate it. Your method must work 100% of the time for any of the 12 Bullets.

If anyone sees a problem with their "Logic" before I get back on line, please jump in and ask them to explain what you see as a problem.

By the way, thanks to all of you folks who jumped in. I had a lot of fun messing with this Logic Problem the first time I saw it and I hope you did too.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

there is no possible way to get the answer in less than three attempts even with luck

Sure there is.. 1st weighing grab 2 bullets place one on each pan.. If the are even remove the one on the right or left it doesnt matter.. 2nd weighing place another bullet on the pan that you just removed the bullet from.. say you removed the one on the right when you place the next bullet on the right pan if the right pan is lower then the left pan the oddball is heavier if the left pan is lower it means the oddball is lighter... So with LUCK it CAN be done in 2!!!

So with LUCK it only take 2 weightings and 3 bullets!!