THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Can anyone help with info on original 50-110 smokeless loads?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone help with info on original 50-110 smokeless loads?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is for a project that I plan to commence this year as I have some spare time. I have been trying to get information on smokless loads for the 50-110 Winchester. I have checked but not found information other than sugestions to go with 50 Alaskan loads and work from there.

I am not experienced with reloading (a new beginner) though I have been shooting and hunting for a long time. The country where I lived before coming to the USA banned reloading until very recently.

I would appreciate any suggestions / advice. Thanks in advance and Good Hunting!

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
Here ya go . . .

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Muskeg Man,

Thank you very much for this information. It is greatly appreciated and I am much obliged.

Good hunting!

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
Not a problem.

There is one load that make me a bit nervous. That's the H-4350 with a cast bullit. I'm not a big fan of slow burning powders at low/reduced loading densities. I would shy away from this one.

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
If it is a new manufacture 50-110, I would be ok starting with base alaskan loads or the ones above. If its antique be careful, not all are modern powder safe.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MuskegMan,

Thank you again. This help is greatly appreciated.

Buckeyeshooter,

Thank you for the caution. This will be a new custom rifle. I am planning to get it built from scratch as a gift to myself this year.

Good hunting, gentlemen!

Mehul Kamdar