Find
Notify
Tools

any one loading Accurate 73?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
If anyone out there is loading acc.73 I'd like to hear your results.As stated in another thread so far it looks good. Smilerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
acc73?
Is it surplus?
Is it good for the .270 range of capacities?

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3079 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal30 1906:
acc73?
Is it surplus?YES
Is it good for the .270 range of capacities?

in the .243 With a 100gr. bullet and 34 gr. accurate 73 the velocity is 2945 average. The accuracy was acceptable. This would lead you to believe it falls somewhere in the H335,H4895 and WCC844 catagory. With the small amount of data on hand this is an indication only. I started this thread hoping to get more info.

With reasonable caution I'd say that indeed it could be used in the .270 but I would be surprised if you will realize Max. velocity within the safe pressure range.You would probably be looking at 2700 fps with the 150 gr. bullet.Not great but not bad.

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
If anyone out there is loading acc.73 I'd like to hear your results.As stated in another thread so far it looks good. Smilerroger

Am I the only one trying this stuff? Now that's just hard to believe. bewildered Roll Eyesroger