Tools

Wow are Midways prices high!
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
LOL...

http://www.midwayusa.com/produ...ail-box-of-1000-bulk

See if it will paste:

Surplus Pulled Bullets 22 Caliber (224 Diameter) 62 Grain M855 Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail Box of 1000 Bulk
Product #: 722848 Pulled Bullets #: M855

Read 2 Reviews
Write a Review
Surplus Pulled Bullets 22 Caliber (224 Diameter) 62 Grain M855 Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail Box of 1000 Bulk

$5,999.99
Discontinued by Manufacturer

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
Cheap at 1/2 the price -- not!

Posts: 441 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ordered a couple of items yesterday. NO .223 bullets in stock.

NRA Patron Member

Posts: 404 | Location: Troy Michigan | Registered: 14 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
If this is true, that's what, $6 per bullet?!

Can't say I think too well of Midway if that's the case. Talk about price-gouging.

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would guess a misprint. It happens.

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

Posts: 631 | Location: SW. PA. | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Donald Nelson:
I would guess a misprint. It happens.

+1

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually that's the price for the new "EPA green" bullet we are going to have to use. When the new Federal (and some state's) firearms taxes are applied it'll probably double. If any lead is used there is an additional charge for HazMat shipping.

Jerry Liles

Posts: 531 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that price included midway's shipping, the actual price is 599.00 the rest is shipping and handling charges.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry has to send his kids to college just like everyone else.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This thread got me to wondering what exactly I have laying back. I used to buy stuff I might use just because of a good deal. I took a partial inventory.

1. About 280 bullets-130gr Sierra Spitzers in .277 dia

2. 100 70 gr mhp Speer in .243

3. about a box 75 gr Sierra hp in .243

4. box of 100 Sierra 55 gr hp in .224

5. box of 100 Hornady 60 gr hp in .224

6. I have literally hundreds of 55 gr Winchester (I think-unmarked container) bt fmj.

I haven't shot hardly at all for a few years since my shoulder went south, my eyes following closely behind. I've only reloaded a few .257 and .270 rounds for a friend and a son-in-law as favors. I have darn little wrapped up in this stuff, just to have it in reserve in case stuff got hard to find. I bet there's guys out there with thousands of bullets they'll never get loaded for use. I always have 5-600 large Winchester primers as well as several thousand .22 long rifles for the grandson. I'm not sure I want to either count or guess at the .270 cases, plus well over 250 .243 cases sitting on the shelf. I have more of those 2 already loaded than I'll probably ever fire off. I had a ton of .223 cases a couple years ago from where my BIL died (Bushmaster guy) that I had no interest in getting in to. Auctioned them here for charity. Widow got the donations and a 4-h shooting club in Ohio got the cases. You guys were very generous on that. The small primers were sold very cheap to a guy in Idaho or Nevada, can't remember, who was having a hard time locating any close to home. I keep 6-8 pounds of powder on hand IMR 4895 and IMR 3031. If I don't get more involved with these things this year, I'm going to start contacting a youth shooting club that reloads. All we have around here that I know of are shotgun related.

Posts: 16145 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Midway are not friendly to international customers!

Brownells are so good. They are very good at communicating. When I orders a pile of stuff for my new CZ 550 in 416 Rigby, they immediately got back to me with info about need for import export clearnace etc. Simple 3% admin fee.

I corresponded a bit and got all the unrestricted stuff to be shipped at once while the paper work on the other stuff was done.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11254 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The last 223 ammo I bought in December from ammotogo.com was $319 for 1000 rounds. cheapest I can find if they have any (did a quick search) is $799. Most places it's $900-$1000.

Ridiculous!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Thanks for your business"!!!! dancing

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote