Notify
Tools

what bullet
 Login/Join

Picture of missouriman
posted
Hello I was woundering which is more accurate
The nosler ballistic or hornady v-max in 223 rem thanks

Posts: 16 | Location: marshfield Missouri | Registered: 16 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by missouriman:
Hello I was woundering which is more accurate
The nosler ballistic or hornady v-max in 223 rem thanks

Honestly, your rifle will answer that question best. Some fella just set a new record using Amax bullets though....grouped a half inch at 600 yards. I don't think there is a lot of difference b/w the amax and vmax, fwiw.

Nosler has a stellar reputation for accuracy with their btips, so keep that in mind.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

Picture of missouriman
posted Hide Post
Thanks I have to buy somebullets tomorrow and was not sure what ones to get
Ive reloaded some in vmax 60 gr but they just dont work to goo

Posts: 16 | Location: marshfield Missouri | Registered: 16 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's the barrel twist of your .223? If it's 1/12 or 1/14, it might not like a 60gr bullet. You might try a 50 or 55gr bullet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
IME the nosler edges out the Vmax in accuracy, the vmax edges the nosler is explosive qualities on PD's

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
one might shoot better in your rifle, and the other might shoot better in mine. which ever one shoots the best.

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I personlly don't think you can go wrong with the Noslers.

There is no occasion that I can recall where I couldn't get a Nosler bullet to group well in every rifle I've tried.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
IME the nosler edges out the Vmax in accuracy, the vmax edges the nosler is explosive qualities on PD's

In butchloc's rifle this may be true, but every rifle is diff. & there are no magic bullets. Start w/ a match grade bullet & go from there.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunt-ducks
posted Hide Post
quote:
I personlly don't think you can go wrong with the Noslers.

There is no occasion that I can recall where I couldn't get a Nosler bullet to group well in every rifle I've tried.

I'll 2nd that I have 4 different 22cal CF and all 4 shoot the 50gr Nosler BT very well but where only talking maybe 3/8" group difference at 100 yards and GS and PD don't know the difference.

Posts: 450 | Location: CA. | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote