New
Find
Notify
Tools

35 Newton
 Login/Join

<DOC>
posted
Is there anyone here that would be interested in new 35 Newton brass or basic Newton Brass? It may be I could get some made up in the near future if there is enough interest.

DOC

one of us
posted Hide Post
DOC,
Do you have a guess as to what the price would be?
Jerry/AK

Posts: 575 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 12 July 2002Reply With Quote
<DOC>
posted
Just got of the phone with the man, depending on the size of the run the price will be $1.75-2.00 a case or about what you might pay for any other larger custom case. This is actually a good deal, because companies like Dakota have their brass run in 100,000s at a time and we're talking 3-5000. The brass maker is actually helping me find companies interested in stocking the brass in order to increase the run size and bring the price down. The owner seems to really want to be part of bringing these cartrigdes back. Of course I just want to shoot.

DOC

<phurley>
posted
What is the .35 Newton. Bullet size, speed, etc. Good shooting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
35 caliber 250 gr bullet at about 2800 fps, I believe. About the same ballistics as the 358 Norma (but a way cooler case). - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what case the 30 and 35 Newton came from? COTW does not say, but I compared base/rim diameters of the 35 Newton with the 350 Rigby Rimless Magnum, and they are almost identical. The Rigby came out in 1908, and the Newton in 1915, or something like that. Wouldn't it be interesting if Chas. Newton got hold of a 350 Rigby Rimless, and shortened the case to fit a standard length action?

Posts: 454 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote