Find
Notify
Tools

Load data sharing
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
Roll EyesSome one was pointing out that the reloading forum is not very good anymore as not much reloading data is shared and discussed.
I will be glad to share ( E-Mail ) all my loading data with you ( the good the bad and the ugly). What you will receive will be testing information only and not loading recommendations. Ask for data by cartridge nomenclature. Most of the data was from testing surplus powders and bulk bullets, info for the most part unavailable else where.Probably 35% is from commercial powder and bullet testing.
oldThis forum ain't dead yet. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So Bart, what all have you loaded with Mil powder?

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Antelope Sniper:
So Bart, what all have you loaded with Mil powder?

22ppc, 22 Rem Jet, 22 Rem Jet rimless, 44 Swiss Vetterli, .222, .223, .243, 250-3000, .257 Roberts, .270, .308, .358X.404 IMP, .375x41, 6.5R-Bar, 6.5x55, 7x41, 7x57, 7.5x54, 7.62x41, 7.62x54, 7-08, 7mm Rem Mag., 8mm-06, 8mmx.404x2.5", 8x57, 9(.358)x41, 22-250, 30-06.
beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You load some interesting stuff.
I'd be interested in hearing about your experiences with mil suprlus stuff with:
22-250
65x55

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
fishingI need your e-mail address. PM me. beerroger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent!!

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Yep, Roger sent me an Excel file with more data then I needed to digest in one sitting!

Good guy that Roger is!!! tu2

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
fishingE-Mail sent sniper .Let me know if you got it. It opens in excel. fishingroger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Roger, Got it!!
I've been browsing through it, I see you've tried alot of things I haven't!

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
While we're talkin' MilSurp I'd like to know if you continue to use old MilSurp or have you gone back to new or at least "recent" production powders?

I'm considering a larger order of surplus powder but don't want a bunch of powder I'll never use. Frowner

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigNate:
While we're talkin' MilSurp I'd like to know if you continue to use old MilSurp or have you gone back to new or at least "recent" production powders?

I'm considering a larger order of surplus powder but don't want a bunch of powder I'll never use. Frowner

fishingI use Mil. surp. and commercial. I use mil. surp mostly, however. beerroger

posted Hide Post
If anyone has some load data from an older Nolser manual for the 25 cal(25-06) 115's (#25115) I'd love to see if. My Hornady manual has a 120 grain bullet maxing at 3100 fps while Noslers current data on the 115's max at 3030fps. I figured the 115 should be faster than that 120.

Any help would be great!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cowboy, Nosler data is usually on the conservative side......but not always....

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
popcornThe fastest I see a 115 grain Nosler being driven, in my manuals is 3059 fps. The 120 grain bullets are listed as a little faster.
The info in the manuals are a good guide but are not spot on accurate when used in any other rifle than the one used that day, if that. If you need better info than you'll have to obtain it from your own loads in your rifle, gradually and safely increasing your powder charge.
waveDifferent chambering of the same cartridge can yield greatly different pressures. The ones given in the manuals ,(now a days) are intended to be lawyer prof and keep a loader of average intelligence out of harms way. Less than 40 years ago this was not always the case. shocker roger beer

One of Us
Picture of medic883
posted Hide Post
You don't happen to have any .50 AE testing data do you? Also .223, 9mm luger, .45 ACP, and .38 Special? I'll pm my email. Thanks in advance!

Job security for lead minors since 1984.

Posts: 110 | Location: Quincy, IL. | Registered: 09 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of medic883
posted Hide Post
Also, this is, by FAR, the best forum I've found to date for reloading, gunsmithing, or just bs'ing about guns! Hands Down!

Job security for lead minors since 1984.

Posts: 110 | Location: Quincy, IL. | Registered: 09 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic883:
You don't happen to have any .50 AE testing data do you? Also .223, 9mm luger, .45 ACP, and .38 Special? I'll pm my email. Thanks in advance!

Roll EyesI don't load hand guns , John. I sent you some data including the little .223 data I have. beer roger

One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
I ued to frequent this site a lot but kinda moved on when I went over to cast bullets and then paper patching. Then my life circumstances changed and so on. Frowner There still remain good and knowledgeable folks on the jacketed bullet side/site. I must say though that the level of politeness on this site is somewhat less than on the other site I spend most of my time on. Actually, over there one has to spell 'pooh' differently or it gets 'bleeped'! Big Grin Boolit casters do seem to be a different sort of folk. Nothing wrong with that - in fact, it's rather nice! tu2 I do miss ol' Hot Core but then I never got lambased by him! Hee hee. Roll Eyes Not sure why everyone seemed to take him so seriously.

Anyway, I've had a lot of fun right here on this site and I can say I sure learned heaps.

P.S. you'll should have a look into paper patching - jacketed bullet performance from lead! Frustrating, challenging and heaps of fun!

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
Not dead? Only 6 guys have posted in the last 19 days.

The American Big Game forum became the ARPF about a year and a half ago, and traffic there has dried up big time. Witness the most recent post on "stories" and its opening paragraph not to turn the thread into a "typical" flame out.

And the Medium Bores forum is on life-support.

Too bad - really too bad - as the bastards who didn't have anything better to do than bitch, moan, and criticize other's character have scared off, in my opinion, a lot of good discussion.

Well, here's to hoping it all comes around again!

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigNate:

Where are you fellas ordering the surplus/military powder from???

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
bartsche,

I've posted only a couple of times. Kind of a newbie to rifle cartridge reloading. Most data is based on 22 or 24 in barrels. I"m shooting a 16 1/2" Ruger Scout rifle, and am finding good info had to get for that short barrel.
I have found that it shoots a 150g Winchester soft point pretty well, and am trying to get components to duplicate that load for a starting point.
An help would be appreciated.
This is a great forum, but so far I've not gotten a whole lot of help.
Thanks in advance.

In his grip

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PendletonCowboy:
If anyone has some load data from an older Nolser manual for the 25 cal(25-06) 115's (#25115) I'd love to see if. My Hornady manual has a 120 grain bullet maxing at 3100 fps while Noslers current data on the 115's max at 3030fps. I figured the 115 should be faster than that 120.

Any help would be great!

I have been loading .25-06 with 115s and 117s and will get some info to you. I need to get my notes out so I don't tell you wrong. I usually compare some book data to start, then work toward max for my rifle. I don't have a crono so can't tell you velocity but I usually work up to where I see pressure signs then look through my notes and pick a accurate recipe close to the top.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smallpatch:
bartsche,

I've posted only a couple of times. Kind of a newbie to rifle cartridge reloading. Most data is based on 22 or 24 in barrels. I"m shooting a 16 1/2" Ruger Scout rifle, and am finding good info had to get for that short barrel.
I have found that it shoots a 150g Winchester soft point pretty well, and am trying to get components to duplicate that load for a starting point.
An help would be appreciated.
This is a great forum, but so far I've not gotten a whole lot of help.
Thanks in advance.

Roll EyesI'm guessing---.308? waveroger