THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    110 and 96 grain big-game bullets in .270 Winchester?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

110 and 96 grain big-game bullets in .270 Winchester?
 Login/Join

posted
I am intrigued by the lightweight big-game bullets from Gerard Schultz (GS Custom) in South Africa or Lutz Moeller (KJG) in Germany?

Both offer precisely made monometallic bullets designed for high velocity.

Has anyone tried the 110 grain from GSC or the 95.7 grain from KJG?

I am interested in accuracy and velocity.

posted Hide Post
Some years ago tried the GSHV 110 gr 270. velocity was in the 3500 fps range from 24 inch barrel and accuracy was an inch or less. Shot a couple of whitetail with them and got complete pass through and well dead is dead. Lots of internal damage. Only real drawback is after I ordered them it took nine months for delivery. Soooo since the Barnes 110 gr 270 (6.8mm) is so very similar and much more available you might want to try that. Oh yes performance is the same in my 270.

Bob