New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS shell holders with Lee dies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can RCBS shell holders be used with Lee Collet dies?

one of us
posted Hide Post
A Collet die does not require a special shell holder. If your press accepts standard shell holders, RCBS will do fine.

There is the odd (1:1000000, maybe), that a particular shellholder might be a bit high or low for use with a Collet die, and thus make the collet close a bit prematurely or late, but I have never run into this. If this should be the case, it is unlikely to be attributed to the particular make of the shell holder.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is the odd (1:1000000, maybe), that a particular shellholder might be a bit high or low for use with a Collet die, and thus make the collet close a bit prematurely or late, but I have never run into this. If this should be the case, it is unlikely to be attributed to the particular make of the shell holder.

Huh? Any variation in shell holder thickness,(height), would be compensated for by adjustiing the body of the die higher or lower. ANY shell holder can be used, even the forster bonanza co-ax shell holders work.

if you run, you just die tired

It's not that life is so short, it's that death is sooo long!

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Your faithful dog

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grizz:
Huh? Any variation in shell holder thickness,(height), would be compensated for by adjustiing the body of the die higher or lower. ANY shell holder can be used, even the forster bonanza co-ax shell holders work.

Very likely true. I use a Co-Ax with my Collet dies, so I'm aware of that press and its shellholder arrangement.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote