Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 x 52 Italian dies?
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have a set of dies for 6.5 x 52 Italian. I want to load for a freind of mine that inherited one. Please e-mail me if you have a set that you can sell. msexton4@houston.rr.com.

Posts: 21 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lee makes a pretty economical set of dies for the 6.5 Carcano. A friend uses them for his two Carcanos with okay results. Okay because the .268 bore is difficult to match with projectiles.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
LeePrecision had them for $30 thanks.

Posts: 21 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Reloading can be tricky, especially if you use bullets with the right diameters (.266"-.268", and *not* .264"). With normal .264" bullets, you are not likely to hit much, which is not the rifle's fault.

I suggest that you read the reloading section in the Carcano Website, and especially Dave Emary's comments and warnings.

Regards, Carcano

--
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."

"Is the world less safe now than before you declared your Holy war? You bet!"
(DUK asking Americans, 14th June 2004)

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have some Hornady 160 gr Carcano bullets I ordered by mistake, full box if 100, unopened. $20.00 shipped or I will trade for something.

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carcano91:
Reloading can be tricky, especially if you use bullets with the right diameters (.266"-.268", and *not* .264"). With normal .264" bullets, you are not likely to hit much, which is not the rifle's fault.

I Carcano

With my sporterized Carcano I fired two shots at game and got two mule deer with .264" diameter bullets. With another that I rechambered into a 6.5x55 singleshot I got at least 2 more mule deer. Both rifles could hit a 9" paper plate at 100 yds. everytime from a prone position. This was almost 40 years ago and the only .266" diameter bullets at that time were from military ammo.The only time I ever ran into trouble was when Norma finally came out with Carcano cases..264 diameter bullets proved to be a little loose.

To the crux of the matter ; I have a set of C&H dies that I haven't used in over 35 years and a RCBS #9 shell holder that I think fits. For $10.00 + postage they are yours. My e- mail address is listed. Roll Eyesroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Con:
Lee makes a pretty economical set of dies for the 6.5 Carcano. A friend uses them for his two Carcanos with okay results. Okay because the .268 bore is difficult to match with projectiles.
Cheers...Con

I believe Hornady has a .268", 160-grain round nose in its line at the present time.

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote