THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Help with .375 H&H bullet identification / load data

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with .375 H&H bullet identification / load data
 Login/Join

posted
I have a number of .375 H&H handloads from someone else, and I'm not comfortable shooting them. I'd like to pull the bullets and reuse them, but I'm having difficulty making positive identification and finding appropriate load data.

Does anyone recognize bullets 1 & 2 below, and can you point me in the right direction?

I could also use a source for load data on #4; a label in the bag of those bullets has an RWS logo and a V MANTEL logo, and reads "Cal. .375, Full Jacket 299 gr."

Thanks.

Posts: 4 | Location: WA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Middle two look like Hornadys.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One doesn't need positive ID find similar bullets start low work up.

Posts: 19583 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
ONe of left looks like a Combined Technologies

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
One doesn't need positive ID find similar bullets start low work up.

I was wondering about that. Can I just find load data for bullets of the same weight and profile, crimp at the cannelure, and work up from starting loads? Is there any more to it than that? For #1, I would seat to the ogive as was done on the cartridges I am disassembling.

I will check Hornady and Combined Technologies as suggested to see if the bullets match.

Thanks.

Posts: 4 | Location: WA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can I just find load data for bullets of the same weight and profile, crimp at the cannelure, and work up from starting loads?

That's what I would do.

Posts: 19583 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
If CT, two things. One, they look coated. Two, I've never gotten any of their stuff to shoot accurately. 2 cents

Posts: 4882 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote