New
Find
Notify
Tools

need FPs on a load
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I found my most acurate load in my M44 is 11 grains of Unique, wondering if this would take down a Deer at 100 yards ok,It did go through both sides of an old truck gas tank I use to put targets on. its 155 grain cast "311" bullet in the 7.62X54R. For target its great , getting one hole groups at 25 yards and 2 inch at 100.no scope.

[ 10-07-2003, 04:22: Message edited by: Bulletman ]

Posts: 108 | Location: Ga | Registered: 17 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my Lyman Reloading Handbook #46 for the 151 gr. #311466 they started with 12.0 gr. Unique for 1592 FPS and went to 15.0 for 1827. So you're likely running in the 1500 FPS ballpark. It'll do the job if you can be sure of your shot and hit 'em right.

Blues harp guy? Cool! I'm a blues slide guitar guy. Mostly on tricone reso. Play electric sometimes when the mood hits me.

Posts: 424 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info...gotta love the blues !
go check out my site from my profile here, got some white boys doin blues.LOL

one of us
posted Hide Post
The only way to get an accurate velocity is with a chronograph.Velocities pulished in manuals can differ a great deal due to variations in barrels and components.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I am going to get a chrono for sure, I just started out into reloadind and stuff this year, and still accumulating the equipment, I just about have it all now except for the chrono and scope to really see how good these loads are doing.I apreciate every ones help on this board too.you all are saving me alot of time and money by sharing your knowledge.
Ron