New
Find
Notify
Tools

lyman inertia bullet puller
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone tried one of these? Are they a good buy? I need to get a bullet puller and I am curious as to how this one is. Thanks.

Posts: 92 | Location: Sulphur, La. | Registered: 26 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It works.

Some time ago, I read in one gun mag or another, the suggestion that you use shell holders rather than the collet type shell holder that they normally include with the puller.

One time, at least, the gun mags were right!

Pulling is, of course, a slow process with the inertial type tools, which is, I think, good.

Learns you not to make mistakes!

Posts: 34 | Location: NH | Registered: 27 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hello Bang,

FWIW

I cant comment on the Lyman, but I have used my RCBS inertia puller for 16 years now.

I'd suggest that you put a ear foamy in the bottom of the puller, that will keep bullet tip integrity. I also have a 4x4x4 block that I rap it on. I set my block on a small piece of RR-track anvil I made.

Another quick way to remove bullet is with your single stage press. With out any dies installed, place bullet in ram, stroke up grab bullet at cannalure with a set of side cutters or linemen pliers. Brace pliers on top of press ram stroke down.

All The Best
Steel [Cool]

Posts: 19 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 27 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use my RCBS ocassionally for a few rounds, otherwise I use the set for the press...toss the collet and use the bullet seater from your press...They are handy and I wack mine on the vise flat. I also have foam in the bottom to protect bullet point.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote