New
Find
Notify
Tools

cheap corn cob media
 Login/Join

<1badassmagnum>
posted
tried some corn cob bedding today as media for my tumbler which arrived today.I paid 40 cents per pound,a huge bag was like $3.00,and it did a fantastic job shining up my brass.should be available at feed stores or in my case,pet supplies plus.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmmmm, interesting idea. I'll look into this.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<reloaderman>
posted
Huummmmm! sounds better then rice [Big Grin]

posted Hide Post
Something I have been thinking about, I have a couple squrill feeders that use ears of corn and I have a blender. Has anyone else tried this, did it work, or am I just insane? Not that insanity is necessarily a bad thing. Thanks, Jim.

Posts: 19 | Location: Westville, Ill. | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1badassmagnum, did you have to add some sort of additive to the bedding? I got a big bag of the stuff at a pet store and it didn't seem to work quite as well.

Posts: 184 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 15 November 2000Reply With Quote
<1badassmagnum>
posted
how much media did you use and how many cases?
I filled up my tumbler 2/3 full and added about 100 pieces of brass and tumbled for 1 hour.I have brass polish but didnt add it,I mostly use the media to remove the lubricant from the brass.
the cases are once fired,so older cases may need more time or some additive.

<Sam>
posted
For the few occassions I've used crushed wallnut shells I've the same thing at petsmart. I didn't see corn cob, I'll have to look. As far as blender and dry corn cobs goes you have too much time on your hands. (HAHAHA!)