New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bullets by Berrys Manufacturing
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got a box of Berrys bullets at cabela's Friday and loaded some up and shot them today in my .41 mag. Just plinking nothing on paper yet but so far I like them. No leading and they seemed to shoot good. The copper plateing is very thin and they actually splatter when they hit my large spinner targets. At $19.00 for 250 I think I have found my plinking bullet of choice. Anyone else use these bullets?

Don Nelson
Sw. PA.

Posts: 622 | Location: PA. U.S.A. | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jacobite:
I got a box of Berrys bullets at cabela's Friday and loaded some up and shot them today in my .41 mag. Just plinking nothing on paper yet but so far I like them. No leading and they seemed to shoot good. The copper plateing is very thin and they actually splatter when they hit my large spinner targets. At $19.00 for 250 I think I have found my plinking bullet of choice. Anyone else use these bullets?

Don, I use there 150 gr. bullet in a number of 30 cal. rifles at something under 1800 fps and am schocked at their accuracy. Truely remarkable. I'm about to load some 30-30 and .308sb with the 110gr bullet and should have some more information wed. eve.`````````````````` beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not seen them in rifle calibers. Only pistol. I will have to look into them also.

Don Nelson
Sw. PA.

Posts: 622 | Location: PA. U.S.A. | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Don and Roger, Thanks for the info. Always good to see a relatively inexpensive product work well.

Best of luck to both of you.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Berry's & Ranier are pretty much the staple bullet for Glock shooters in the polygon bore. Load them as you would a lead bullet as they are a bit softer than true jacketed rounds. If you are loading at plinking vel. probably not an issue. beer

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
beer Just some thoughts on the Berry rifle bullets.
  • The 150 gr bullet being pushed at 1800 fps. has a pleasantly modest recoil.
  • The group sizes so far let's you praise yourself of how great a shot you are.
  • Although I haven't shot enough of these things to be a qualified expert in making this statement," it really seems to be easier to clean the rifle when using them".

I've talked to Bud Watson of Berry to see if there was any intent to broaden this line of rifle bullet. It seemed like a natural for them to do so with heavy for cal. .357s or .358s in as much as they are making the lighter pistol bullets in this caliber.Bud didn't know and said that the owner didn't indicate such.

A 300 gr. of this construction would be a perfect Blaster in my 9 X 41 (.358 x 1.625) or a .358. I already have it in gas check construction but if the cleaning thing is right the plated bullet would be prefered.

Tomorrow There should be some results on the 110gr. 30 cal. and more on the 150 out of the 30-30 mod 340 Savage and maybe the .308. Roll Eyesroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..
  •  
    Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote