Find
Notify
Tools

300 RUM or 7mm RUM
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have had the 300 rum,and i really liked it.But
someone thought they needed it more than i.
Now iam going to replace it. I hunt over a area
that is 500yards too the north and too the south,
600yards too the east and west. The shots on average range 250 plus nothing closer.
Hunting deer and hogs most of the time.A trip to Alaska once every two years. I dont load any thing
over 180 gn bullet.300rum or 7mm rum What ya think?

Posts: 237 | Location: Wesson ms | Registered: 12 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Alaska.... 300 Rum! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Eric Leonard>
posted
I have loaded and shot both.The big 30 is the better round hands down,if you can handle it.

<Don Krakenberger>
posted
I'm with the 30 cal crew also--just to dog gone many good bullets and weights to choose from.
I can't figure why they needed the 7stw let alone the 7 rum--too much powder--too small bore.

<toto>
posted
I'm not trying to start any controversy between the 7 vs 30, but in all honesty the 7 cal will kill just as well as the 30 and at the same distance. Useing all the different data I have studied it is probably pure personal preference as to which works the best. Comparing apples to apples BC, SD bullet placement in my opinion there's not enough difference to really matter. I think you would have to go to the .323 before using the frontal area as a determining factor. I myself a getting a 7rum. Just my two cents worth. fws