New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: digital scale suggestion ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've had the Pact scale and dispenser combo for 3 years and haven't had any problems with either. I have a rcbs check weight set and periodically check and calibrate my scale. I also have a RCBS 505 scale and use it occasionally as a reference scale. I love the dispenser unit and Pact says they have increased the dispense speed for their unit this year. I wouldn't turn away from this unit.

Posts: 32 | Location: Eastman, Georgia USA | Registered: 28 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The majority of us don't have experience with more than one brand, so this is a tough one.

I do believe, however, that PACT makes scales for many of the other brands. Whichever one you do get, I recommend one with a plug-in AC adapter.

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had a small lyman, a Midway and Hornady electronic scales. All were returned to the fanufacturer for failure. They just stopped working.?!?

Now I use an RCBS 5-0-5 but I would like to give it one more try with a Lyman 1200DPS.

I think you need to invest in the best scale you can afford, and more importantly be aware of what garrantees the manufacturer offers. I wrote to Denver Instruments(If memory serves me coorectly) for a quote and found them very expensive but I think they are the best analitcal scale availiable.

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote