New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading software for Mac Book
 Login/Join

Picture of jola
posted
Hello gents, does anybody know a reloading ballistic program for Mac? (if possible with metric values)
If yes - please let me know the name and where to purchase.

Thanks in advance Smiler
John

Posts: 3 | Location: Denmark, east Jutland | Registered: 06 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain.
You may have to use that dual boot Mac operating system and software that allows you to run Window OS on a Mac. Special applications will probably never get written to run on the Mac it's a shame too I thought real engineers and the software apps they rely on software would be Mac first.
The bright spots is running on a Mac usually has those apps running better than on a native wind blows machine.

Posts: 308 | Location: Durham Region Ont. Canada | Registered: 17 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dont know of one that will run on Mac, but check out VirtualBox (www.virtualbox.org). This will allow you to run windows within OS X which will allow you to run Windows apps. I use it on my machine, which I run Linux, and find it very stable for running the few software applications I absolutely have to have. It's free also.

NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Does Quickload run this way under Linux? Besides some games for my kids, this is my last program which requires Winows

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John,

Not sure exactly what you are looking for. You might try this link:http://www.jbmballistics.com/ It will give you lots of ballistic data, and it runs well on my MacBook Pro laptop. On the home page, click on "Ballistics calculators and other resources" at the upper left portion of the page.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Bill.

Posts: 258 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 27 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
What he's asking for is a Mac-specific ballistic program so we Mac users don't have to stoop to running Windoze (gag) to use one. It's a perfectly reasonable request.

Hint to those who will be forced to do so: First, install your Windoze partition using Apple's free Bootcamp utility that is on your Mac OS disk, then update it to the current version.

Installing Bootcamp allows your Mac to boot to Windoze only. if you want to tun Mac OS and Windoze at the same time, then buy and install a 3rd party utility like Parallels V6 (which I use). If you install Windoze in this manner, it allows you to run Mac OS and Windoze at the same time, while keeping Bootcamp in reserve for finicky software (e.g. Civilization V) that wants all of your computer's resources.

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote