Notify
Tools

What's Wrong with this Picture??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted
Hi guys,

At the local Cabela's this weekend and checked out the reloading section. I needed some 300gr. Hornady XTP's to replenish the stash for my 444 Marlin. Found what I needed, but who can see what's wrong with this picture?? Big Grin

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You assume that the picture on the box has to match the bullet inside. I usually buy them by reading the label rather than buying by picture. Maybe they ran out of boxes and used an A-max box, or the boxer was drunk on that shift.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
dpcd,

I figured the same. They must've run out of XTP labels and just used the A-MAX ones in their place. The printed text on the box and, most importantly, the product inside were totally correct.

Just thought it was one of those funny errors you don't often see.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, that illustration on the box is exactly what the manufacturer intended. It's like the photoshopped illustrations of fashion models which make them look seven feet tall an weigh 80 pounds -- the longer, slimmer bullet just looks sexier so Hornady figures you'll buy more of them. Big Grin

Posts: 13244 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wierd,

Alot of the German advertisers on Egun are also depicting A-Max boxes for Hornady wares that are advertising Interbonds, Interlocks, GMX's and other Hornady bullets as well.

I thought, O.K., somone just used another (correct or incorrect) picture of the box for their photo.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just be glad you could find some bullets.
These things happen when you're working 24/7 and need to get product out.

Posts: 130 | Location: AZ | Registered: 17 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noylj:
Just be glad you could find some bullets.
These things happen when you're working 24/7 and need to get product out.

Yeah, I hear you. The reason I bought three boxes is because rumor is the 300 XTP's aren't on their "production list" for the near future. I don't think they're being discontinued, but they might shelve them for a bit while they make some of the more popular models. Makes sense, but sucks if you like the ones on the short list.