New
Find
Notify
Tools

7x33 Sako
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've just acquired one of these rare little birds. I'm sure that all of you guys have a bunch of extra dies, brass, and bullets laying around for this caliber, so drop me a PM letting me know what you want for them Big Grin

In the meantime, has anyone here actually loaded for this caliber, and if so, please share your data.

THANKS!

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I've had one (a Sako L-42) for 30 years, and still have it. I don't suppose you'd like some boxer primed (reloadable with standard SR primers) 77 gr. FMJ RN factory ammo? I have a full case of 1,000 rounds left... If so, PM me. In the meantime I'll try to get a chance to go down to the shop and look up some of my loading data. It's a great cartridge, BTW. Nothing better for foxes without huge holes in the pelts.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
I've had one (a Sako L-42) for 30 years, and still have it. I don't suppose you'd like some boxer primed (reloadable with standard SR primers) 77 gr. FMJ RN factory ammo? I have a full case of 1,000 rounds left... If so, PM me. In the meantime I'll try to get a chance to go down to the shop and look up some of my loading data. It's a great cartridge, BTW. Nothing better for foxes without huge holes in the pelts.

Max load: VihtaVuori N-110 16,2gr
N-120 21gr

Posts: 171 | Location: Finland | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would love to have one of those rifles. Would be a great rifle for groundhogs inside 100 yards, i reckon.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
390ish:

There is one on Gunbroker.com right now that's just a bit pricey at $2600. There's also one at www.simpsonsltd.com which is missing the magazine and has seen a bit of use, but is much more affordable.

When I bought this one I wasn't deluding myself that it would be a caliber that would do something better which no other gun would do as well, but it is a unique piece of Sako history that's pretty hard to come by.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Sako decided to make a special run in this caliber and also make ammunition for it? I'll bet they would sell more than you might think. The year 2017 would be the 75th anniversary of the cartridge's birth (1942, I believe), so how about it, Sako, let's see a 75th anniversary run! beer

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote