New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handloader Magazine 1983 - 2003
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have every issue of Handloader since may 1983 until they fired Ross Seyfried, and a few since then. Does anyone know what these are worth? I didn't buy them to make money. I'm moving to smaller digs further back in the country side and don't want to move them. I would like to sell the whole set to another gun nut who would have as much fun thumbing through them as I have over the last tweny + years.

I have an entire set of Rifle magazine for the same time period for sale.

Just my opinion, but I think this time period was the "golden era" of both magazines.

I also have a set of Precision Shooting from 1995 through 2004, as well as Tactical Shooter and The Accurate Rifle.

Time to downsize.

Once I know a fair price I will post in the classified forum.

Thanks,

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This probably isn't what you wanted to hear, but I gave $10.00 per decade for American Rifleman at auction. John J. Donnelly's "The Handloader's Manual Of Cartridge Conversions" cost me a whoppin' $12.00.
We drove over 400 miles just to be there, so perhaps it wasn't the bargain it appears to be.

one of us
posted Hide Post
They're selling ALL issues of Handloader on CD's now. Introductory price is $500. You should be able to them in your new digs.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The joy of having these around is that every few months people will have questions about a somewhat obscure cartridge. I can thumb through an old issue to a pertinent article, make some copies and send them out. It is also hard to read a computer screen in bed Smiler.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lawndart
I'd suggest donating them to a locale library. They should give you a nice letter stating the number of mags and value at face. Take it off on your taxes. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He, he, he,

My dogs kill the stray cats that the librarian feeds out back.....

I'll just sell them cheap.

LD

One of Us
Picture of 454PB
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm.... I have all of them back to 1972

You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Posts: 52 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not worthy.

In 1972 I was more focused on learning how to undo a bra strap with one hand than reloading.

LD

One of Us
Picture of 454PB
posted Hide Post
I hear ya, but I'm still reloading as much or more than I did back then. The bra strap talents aren't used much anymore.

You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Posts: 52 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In 1972 I was more focused on learning how to undo a bra strap with one hand than reloading.

That was easy until I ran into a girl that had a bra with the catch in the front. I never did like that type of bra as it couldn't be done with one hand. They should have shot the bastard (or bitch) that designed that one.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Girls with bras with the clasp in the front have seemed more amenable to my deliberately using two hands to free the decks for action. I may have just gotten lucky (well, duh, yes) with my sample group.

You know, they are more likely to give you a straight forward answer when you ask, "What am I doing to ya'".