Tools

Prazipress from Germany
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted
Just ordered this German made single stage reloading press:

https://www.turban-cnc.de/inde...rticle_id=72&clang=1

It will probably be at least 6 weeks before I see it, but, by all accounts, it appears to be a pretty nice piece of kit. I'll report on it once I get it set up on my reloading bench. Cheers. Chip.

Posts: 268 | Location: TUCSON, AZ | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Very similar to the RCBS Ammo Master single stage press.

One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KenT7021:
Very similar to the RCBS Ammo Master single stage press.

Hello, KenT7021. Yes the Prazipress is somewhat similar to the Ammomaster II press in it's basic design. A little different, though, since when one pulls the lever on the Ammomaster II, only the ram/shellholder/case, rises to meet the die. In the case of the Prazipress, an entire platform, (in addition to the ram, etc.), rises to meet the die. This platform is guided by the 3 support pillars. I believe that this may result in more precise seating, and possibly even in greater precision relating to other press operations as well. Cheers. Chip.

Posts: 268 | Location: TUCSON, AZ | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just like the American made Harrel's

Posts: 4987 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
This press arrived today. It is a monster....weighs 37.4 pounds, and has a precision that is jewel like. I haven't done any reloading with it yet, but it is unlike anything else on my bench. I am starry eyed about this thing. A photo follows. Cheers. Chip.

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Certainly typically German engineered, perhaps over engineered but a sound concept where the nose of the ram is constantly aligned and supported by the rising platform, itself aligned by the three solid and superbly machined pillars.

The secret will be to keep it clean and lubed to prevent wear and give a good long life.

Looks to have a good opening for big/long cartridges. Don't drop it on your toe Big Grin

Posts: 3879 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote