Find
Notify
Tools

Why a scale that measures in Grams???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted
Looking through the Hornady catalog, I see they sell two scale models...one for grains, and one for grams. Is there a reloading application for a gram scale, or do they just carry these for drug dealers, gold prospectors, etc.?

Thanks for any info.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
In case you haven't noticed, the whole world(with the U S A being the ONLY exception) is on the metric system. Perhaps a better question would be : Why are we still measuring in grains?

------------------
Life is more exitin' when yer stickin' suppositories inta a wildcats behind!

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Touch�, WJ. Good point, indeed.

I guess the secret's out...I'm a provincial putz.

RSY

[This message has been edited by RSY (edited 01-11-2002).]

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
<Antonio>
posted
I believe the "grain" unit exists since Roman times at least, when mustard grains were used as a weight-standard.

Most reloader scales (i.e. PACT) are switchable from grains to grams so I do not see the point of having two scales either...

Antonio

<David Wile>
posted
Hey folks,

If you are in the reloading business, you get a scale with grain measurements. If you are in the cocaine or other drug business, you have a scale with gram measurements.

Best wishes,
Dave Wile