Find
Notify
Tools

.323 cal TSX??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dear All,

Would any of you have a .323 cal TSX available and be kind enough to measure and post the length of the bullet here, please?? I'm interested in both 180 and 200 grs bullets.

I'm considering trying out a TSX in my 8x64S. Although I like long bullets in general, the chamber of the rifle does not allow the bullet to be seated out very far. I'd like to get a feel for how long these bullets are, and thus for how deeply they must be seated for my particular chamber.

Have any of you loaded the TSX bullets in calibers such as 8x57IS, 8x60S, 8x64S - and if yes, what have been your results velocity wise and in the field??

Thanks a ton in advance for your help.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
200gr. pretty consistent @ 1.3965

Haven't loaded and shot any yet...if they shoot good in my son's 325WSM, they will go to africa in june..

Don't have any 180's to measure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
180 gr. TSX - 1.288.
I'm planning on loading them in my 8x68S as
soon as it warms up enough to spend more time at the range. If they shoot well, I'll use them this fall for Moose.
Regards,
SB Smith

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys, you are the best! Thanks a ton.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

One of Us
posted Hide Post
mho, I used the 180grs TSX in my BRNO 8x60S with 55grs N550 in the last winterhunts. Great results on boars, velocity unknown, but must be somewhere in the 2700fps-range. Although I`m a fan of the heavy-weights in this caliber (220grs Woodleigh) I got excellent precision with the TSX.

Posts: 561 | Location: northern Germany | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks MF. I remember you wanted to use the 180 grs TSX in your 8x60S. But I did not know what the results on game had been. Seems like you are happy with this combo.

- mike

P.S. Tell me about the 220 grs Woodleigh, please. I bought some 196 grs RN, and they shoot pretty well. But I'm a bit worried as far as their ability to penetrate, they seem incredibly short, even for an (almost) 200 grs bullet...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 196grs Woodleigh is together with the Oryx my standard bullet for the 8x64S, never found a bullet in game (red deers, boars) and I use it in the long 8x75RS with the same results. Fine bullet!

Posts: 561 | Location: northern Germany | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that MF. It sure is nice to hear of your field experience. I was surprised to see how short the 196 grs RN Woodleigh was, and it made me uneasy. Now I'll shoot it with greater confidence.

- mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now the the heavy 220grs Weldcore: very tight groups, very good results on red deer and boar, but in the very light BRNO the recoil is a bit heavy! (Powder 57.0grs R19, very important: length - L6 - 83,5mm). The 8x60S with the heavy bullet is the "poor man`s .318WR!

one of us
posted Hide Post
thumb