New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bell 416 Rigby brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just shot my CZ550 416 Rigby last weekend. Boy, sure gets your attention! With the rifle I got a box of ammo with Bell brass. There were about 5 fired cases and the rest were loads which contained Fed 215 primers, 86 gr IMR 4350, and 400 gr Hornady bullets. I fired off about 8 rounds, and ended up with 2 cases with splits length ways over the shoulder and half way up the neck. What has been your experience with Bell brass? To avoid any more splits I think I should pull the rest of the bullets and anneal all the brass. At $3 to $4 per case I do not want to waste any more. I do not think that the brass has not been reloaded very much, I think probably the first time. When I pull the bullets I will find out if the cases are new or previously fired. I will probably have to make some kind of puller as these cases will not fit into my hammer type puller.

Hart

Posts: 307 | Location: Vancouver, BC. | Registered: 15 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I gave up on it. Threw it into the junk bucket and bought some Norma brass. Necks were too thick and I was having all kinds of other problems with it. Norma brass solved all my problems.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

I am also looking for rigby brass. Midway sells 100 rounds for 192.94, is that a good price or could I do better some where else? Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cabela's has Norma 416 Rigby brass for $89.99 per 50 or about $180.00 for 100.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Thanks MHC_TX for the tip. Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 307 | Location: Vancouver, BC. | Registered: 15 July 2000Reply With Quote