Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler Factory 2nds
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.shootersproshop.com/2ndsheader.html

Any one ever try them? Nosler says they are just blemished and made "2nds" because of cosmetic reasons. Also at about $7 cheaper/50 for partitions it may be something to take a look at.

Posts: 113 | Location: Cajun Country | Registered: 12 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
That is just about all I use. I have never really been able to tell a difference.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Yes, many folks have used them, with good results. Go for it.

RSY

The real work of men was hunting meat. The invention of agriculture was a giant step in the wrong direction, leading to serfdom, cities, and empire. From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information. - Edward Abbey

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's just what I wanted to hear! Big Grin

Posts: 113 | Location: Cajun Country | Registered: 12 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I've bought probably 2-3 hundred of them and I never could tell any difference from the "good" ones you purchase at the gun shop. They shot the same and weighed the same.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
They are also over runs for factory ammuntition. I bought some 7mm/160grNPs & .338/210grNPs that have a cannelure in them for factory crimping. They look fine, some shooting will tell.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can not get the link to open.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6642 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I just got 3 more bags last week. I ordered one bag of 260 grain, .375 partitions to check them out and they were boringly similiar in weight when I weighed each one. They also shot into one hole in my 375 and I'm trying them in a 300WSM.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12693 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The link works for me. Don't know why it isn't for you.

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
I just got 3 more bags last week. I ordered one bag of 260 grain, .375 partitions to check them out and they were boringly similiar in weight when I weighed each one. They also shot into one hole in my 375 and I'm trying them in a 300WSM.

Hey Frank, They might be a little too fat for the 300! Wink

Glad to hear your .375 is working out so well. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
LOL Nate, I didn't word that well. One of the three bags I bought was the 165 grain .30's for the 300WSM! roflmao

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12693 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My observation is that it's not worth it. I got some last year and some of them had rings on the ogives right about where it would engage the lands.

The thing was that my 260 was not shooting the 120's that well and I had been shooting a lot of them as time was running out to opening day. Finally all that was left were the rejects.

So I got in the car and drove over an hour round trip to get another box at a dealers.

NOSBT26100 NOS BT 6.5-100gr 50ct 2nds $8.95 ea 4 $35.80 change qty
then click

Order Subtotal: $35.80 Orders will be confirmed via email.

Standard Shipping: $7.95
Grand Total: $43.75

Above is the cost on the 100 gr 6.5's because the are out of stock on the 120's that I want!!!

Grafs has them in stock and they are firsts not seconds. Grafs delivered cost for the 120's is
$49.91

So there you have it. You will have no bullets and I will have four boxes of them when I want them.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
Have bought many Nosler 2nds in .308, .338 and .375, both Accubond and Partitions. All have shot moa or better and worked as advertised on game.

This buck couldn't tell the 200 gr. partition was a second from my 300 Win Mag. They work for me. Smiler

Regards,
hm

2 Chronicles 7:14:
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Posts: 931 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How do i contact Nosler seconds?
Thanks Bill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just click the link in the first post.

Then choose the bullet you want. (some aren't available).

At this point you will be able to add your bullets of choice to your cart.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
I can not get the link to open.

Try this: http://www.noslershop.com/

It takes you to the same web site as http://www.shootersproshop.com/

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
I have been buying Nosler seconds for over 40 years directly from the factory, as in walk in the door and pay my money. They are primarily cosmetic seconds. They used to make hollow points and part of the manufacturing process was to clean them in walnut hull media. If a small piece of walnut hull got into the hollow point they were rejected and sold as a second. I buy other brands such as Hornady and Speer, but most of what I shoot has been Nosler since they are good bullets at great prices. Midway sells "Dogtown" bullets which are just simple bullets made by Nosler that don't cost as much to make. If you are ever in Bend, Oregon, stop in and have a look. The "public" entrance to their factory is their retail outlet called the ProShop. They sell guns, scopes, rings, brass, etc. Great place to get your technical questions answered. If you have an interesting question you will often end up talking to the engineer that designed the bullet or controls the
bullet making process. You can also buy any brand of ammo that uses their bullets there.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nosler seconds shoot very nicely in my 300 Apex, .375 H&H

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting game for years with the seconds and they have never failed me..I have even used them on dangerous game like Buffalo, Leopard and Lion..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42149 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote