THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Federal Bench Rest Large Primers Price????????
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted
I went by a local gun shop on the way home from work today that had thousands and thousands of primers and powder all over the place. Powders were getting up near $30 a pound.

A carton of Federal Bench Rest Large Primers = $100.

I couldn't believe and wondered where this will stop and if anybody actually buys this stuff at those prices.

What are prices in your neck of the woods??

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
did they have standard federal large rifle and magnum rifle primers? Smiler

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I was in a shop in Boise just last week and they had tons of components. The only bad part is I was flying and couldn't take any with me.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
graybird, I'd have bought them, ran by a UPS store and met them at home.

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dago Red:
graybird, I'd have bought them, ran by a UPS store and met them at home.

I may still do it, because I'll be back up there in a couple of weeks. Then again, I've got a guy I work with who lives there and I might just have him buy them for me and send them my direction.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
Teancum,

Powder in this area has been a little under $30.00 for about a year. $5.00 more than it was before the election of our new fearless leader.

Although I haven’t bought any LR primers for a few years now I did buy 2 pounds of powder (IMR-4064) and 1000 WSPM for $90.00 a couple of weeks ago. So about $30.00 per 1000 in this area.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
The way things were priced before Obama, the GM Federal primers ran about 7-10 bucks more than regular primers. I don’t see why anyone would be charging $100.00 per 1000 other then to give people a big fat screwing.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I last was able to purchase a fair quantity of Fed Match primers L & S Rifle

they ran me $15.25 per K , the regular Fed and Win primers were $ 13.25 -13.75 per K .

As I've said before and will do so again ; Something is seriously wrong with supply demand production .

Nobody in their right mind should ever pay over $ 35.00 per K of Whatever primer brand !.

Think of it like Cash for Clunkers Gov. bail out the only one who wins is the Government ! and like always

YOU end up getting SCREWED in the END !.

Paying more is ridiculous as it continues to drive prices up and retailer wholesalers WIN WIN WIN on YOUR

DIME !. Shooters aren't Hording or are they buying all those primers an powder up either !.

There are far more sinister motives involved here !!!.

archer archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw some in lubbock for 50.00 a 1000.that was 2 weeks ago.

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
other then to give people a big fat screwing.

-- Bingo!

We might be well served by pointing out to dealers that we have excellent memories.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are starting to see primers again here in North Carolina. I was in Charlotte a week ago for a gun show and there were some offering Federal primers for $35 per 1000 and the highest I saw was $50 per 1000. I bought 20,000 of the Fed215M's a couple of years ago for $150 per 5000 and glad I did.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote