New
Find
Notify
Tools

Graf brass, anybody use it?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wondering if anybody has used Graf brass made for Graf and Sons by somebody? Wondering who is making it for them, or what they are using to form them. (hornady, winchester etc.)?

Looking to get some 6.5x52 Carcano and 7.7x58 Japanese and Norma is just awful expensive for just shooting guns! Just looking to make some ammo so i can shoot the guns, not win matches!

Posts: 168 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm using the Graf's brass in 9.3x62. I've been pleased with it so far. The shoulders appear to be nicely annealed. For the price, it seems to be pretty decent brass.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Spoke with one of their technical guys. He indicated that it is being made in Czech Republic for them, which would indicate Sellier and Beloit if I am not mistaken.

Actually their tech guy recommended to stick with Winchester, in my 6.5 x 55 and 7 x 57. For whatever that may be worth.

cheers
thunderbolt

Posts: 70 | Location: Oregon USA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been using it in 9.3x62, works as well as any other brass.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use it exclusively in my 7x57's and have no complaints.
I did have to modify my shellholder slightly to get it to fit.

Posts: 62 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use it an Lapua in my 9.3x62 and I am satisfied with the Graf brass and its cheaper so I bought 250 pieces of it..I really like Lapua better than any other brass however, but the Graff does the same thing...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arky65
posted Hide Post
i use it in 7.62X54R, looks good and works well some of it has been reloaded 5 times with no problems, i bought some in 22-250 this i weight and found it to vary greatly in weight. have only used the 22-250 to form to my chamber so far have not loaded it for accuracy.

fwiw arky65

people that trade freedom for security become slaves

Posts: 245 | Location: arkansas/louisiana | Registered: 31 March 2004Reply With Quote