Find
Notify
Tools

.416 Rigby case with a Barret Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ammo_Dog
posted
I have been told that there is no such thing as a stupid question so here goes...

Can you load the bullets made for the .416 Barret and expect good accuracy results using the Rigby case?

I am trying to push my .416 Rigby as far as it will go accuracy wise and was considering the Barret bullets as an alternative to the small bullet selection offered by other manufactures.

At $2.00 a pop, I figured I better ask before trying to make this work.

If at first you don't succeed...RELOAD!

Posts: 44 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Somebody ought to try. I'm pretty happy with my 400 gr TBBC out of my Ruger M77 but a more knowledgeable reader could run the calculations of twist, bullet length, velocity etal and come up with an answer.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ptaylor
posted Hide Post
I've thought about this as well out of my CZ but I'm afraid the twist will be the limiting factor (not fast enough for those loooong bullets) I could be wrong, it would be nice to buy 10 or so and push them as hard as you can to see. Talk about a long range killer.

Posts: 328 | Location: central TX | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ammo_Dog
posted Hide Post
Thats what I am worried about, being able to push that bullet fast enough.

Maybe with the coming along of the .416 barrret will also come along a whole new breed of pills for the .416 caliber as a whole.

Just curious, what kind of results are you getting accuracy/range wise currently with your .416?

If at first you don't succeed...RELOAD!

Posts: 44 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote