Find
Notify
Tools

AA2230 in a .308 Win
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
Anyone shoot AA2230 behind 165 or 180 gr. bullets in their .308 Winchester?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats a bit fast powder,AA2230, for 308/ 165/150 maybe in a 358 winchester or 9.3x57 with 232gr bullet

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Eeker168gr fmjbt 41.5gr 2230-C avg.2530 fps. No real pressure signs. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eeker Eeker Eeker clap beer beer clap dancing

Bartcshe. Are those avitar pix both of you young and old fart? bewildered Eeker Big Grin

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Roger,

Is that an accurate load? A friend told me to give it a try in my .308 Win. That it was the most accurate thing he found for 165 grain TSX in his .308.

Just curious,
Lane

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about 3130?