Find
Notify
Tools

Need 7.65x53 Argentine Data
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Joe R. Lock
posted
Does anyone have any data for reloading the 7.65x53 Argentine with a 125 grain bullet? I just latched onto a vast quantity of 125 grain bullets but can't find any data. This load will be for a M91 Argentine rifle. Thanks.
joe

Posts: 236 | Location: Florida | Registered: 08 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll EyesI would suggest that you start with the 150 grain data and work up. accurate 2230 might be a good powder to start with. If you get to 47 grains you might want to stop your quest, or not. JMHO. beer roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
130 gr bullet starting loads for the 300 Savage will get you going. Hodgdon has data on their site.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken Waters' book Pet Loads shows 48.0 grains of "4064" using the Norma 130. MV is not listed, but a note shows that the load accuracy was "not as good as 150 grain". The caveat here is that I believe the way Norma got their velocities was using projectiles that were .001" undersized. So: as normal, start low and work up.

FWIW, for years I loaded 45 grains of IMR 4895 behind Sierra 150-grain pills for my late father's cut down Model 1891, lit by CCI-200s. That was Waters' suggested best load for deer. Accuracy was outstanding, and we never had any indication of pressure at all. I think you could start somewhere around 44 grains with the 125s and work up.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Joe R. Lock
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. All of this info helps a lot.
Now I've got a starting point.
joe

Posts: 236 | Location: Florida | Registered: 08 September 2012Reply With Quote