Find
Notify
Tools

45 caliber help
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of RugerNiner
posted
I was given a box of bullets and can't find any load data for it. I can only find data for JSWC.

Does anybody have the COL, Min and Max data for 45 ACP using TiteGroup powder?

Posts: 35 | Location: Lancaster, Pa | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
It's one problem using cast bullets, there are so many styles. I would load them using 200gLSCW data. OAL long enough to get the shoulder just above the case to start. Good luck w/ the .451" size, I prefer .452" in lead bullets.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
I use bulleye powder in my 45's auto and cowboys use Lymans reloading charts or any others you come across.

Don't take the chip !

Posts: 578 | Location: PA | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope you're planning to shoot them in a revolver.

One of Us
Picture of RugerNiner
posted Hide Post
Ruger P-90

Posts: 35 | Location: Lancaster, Pa | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
killpc All I use on my 45 acp is UNIQUE and Universal, an dfor lead bullets I only have data on200 gr. and 230 gr. lead hope that is some help

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a mold that makes a bullet like that. The design is intended for midrange semiwadcutter match ammo.

Have had to throat every pistol I've wanted to shoot those things in.

I suspect that 3.5 to 5.3 grains of Bullseye would be a decent working load range for this projectile depending on your intended use.

Be careful not to double charge .45 ACP with Bullseye or 231.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Smiler Hey ruger on the unique the lee load data for 185gr. is 8.0 velocity is 1010 this is on the start grs. and know more then 8.2 on max which is 1030 FPS,
Unvirsal is 6.8 gr. which is 939 FPS, and max is 7.2 @ 993 FPS, I dont believe I would use the max at all if you do I would just work up to it slow be safe later Roger NRA member