New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS Hand Priming Tools
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was about to purchase a RCBS hand primer with the universal jaws, until I saw that it had Made in China stamped on the box bottom. The standard unit did not have any indication as the country of origin. Are all RCBS priming tools now made in China? When was this outsourced to China?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rammag:
The standard unit did not have any indication as the country of origin.

Are you saying that the store display unit was not made in China and new stock is?

I'm wondering if RCBS is outsourcing their entire product line. Sure would make the investment bankers (and stock analysts) happy. Makes it easier for management to capture their incentives. Wonder why incentives would be structured that way?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure if what I say here is 100% True.. But, I think all of the castings that RCBS uses are from China. And, the raw castings are sent to RCBS for final assembly.
IIRC, the OSHA rules for foundries has shut down nearly all of them here in the states, thus driving people like RCBS to other countries for their castings.
And, maybe RCBS has out-sourced the complete assy's to China???
I'd like RCBS to step up and respond to this issue as it's been troubling me for several years???
Given RCBS' outstanding customer service, where their castings are made would not influence me too greatly in making a decision to buy what they make.

Don

posted Hide Post
I have read the same thing. Castings done in China but not assembled there. Cant confirm it though. I am having good luck with my new rcbs stuff.

Posts: 4 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: 24 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Winchester 69:

Are you saying that the store display unit was not made in China and new stock is?

I'm wondering if RCBS is outsourcing their entire product line. Sure would make the investment bankers (and stock analysts) happy. Makes it easier for management to capture their incentives. Wonder why incentives would be structured that way?

They did not have a display item, the universal priming tool box on the store shelf had "Made in China". The RCBS priming tool, also on the store shelf, that uses a standard shell holder did not state on the box where it was made.

With the presses now made in China as well as the priming tools, I've already purchased my last RCBS product.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rammag, don't miss out on a VERY good primer seating unit just because it's made in China. Look around your home. Probably a lot of Chinese stuff already. Support the good folks at RCBS!

one of us
posted Hide Post
RCBS presses are made in the US from castings made in china. Redding has theirs cast in Pennsylvania.
Not sure about the priming tool but I like the Universal jawed priming tool from RCBS.....................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
China or not, buy it; The Universal Hand Primer is a keeper!

Andy

Posts: 315 | Location: Arlington TX | Registered: 21 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't much like it but if we don't buy from China, how are they going to get the money to buy our T-Bills and support our National Debt?

And, if we didn't buy Chinese, how would we get TV's, computers, most inexpensive scopes and binoculars, fishing lures and tackle, cell phones, cameras, household wares, kid's toys, hand and electric power tools, etc.?

Ducking buying RCBS because they seem to be the first reloading company to buy from China is too little, too late to make any difference! And I understand that many of the newest gimmick on the block, digital scales, no matter whose label is on them are almost all made in China.

Between corporate taxes and silly EPA regulations, our Government has pretty much destroyed our manufactoring sector, and it's too late to do much about it. This new "cap and trade" is no less than a farce to expand gov. control of more of our manufacoring base AND our standard of living by taxing us even more.

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, the Government has not destroyed anything. The American people have destroyed for themselves by always buying the cheapest stuff they can find. The same goes for the whole western world. We all look for that bargain whenever we go shopping.
The chinese worker is willing to work for one tenth the wage. And there are a lot of chinese workers...
Until the western workers accept lower pay and a lower standard of living we will see more and more layoffs etc...
End of rant.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by utk:
No, the Government has not destroyed anything. The American people have destroyed for themselves by always buying the cheapest stuff they can find. The same goes for the whole western world. We all look for that bargain whenever we go shopping.
The chinese worker is willing to work for one tenth the wage. And there are a lot of chinese workers...
Until the western workers accept lower pay and a lower standard of living we will see more and more layoffs etc...
End of rant.

You should have started this rant about 30 years ago. FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunt-ducks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim C. <><:
I don't much like it but if we don't buy from China, how are they going to get the money to buy our T-Bills and support our National Debt?

And, if we didn't buy Chinese, how would we get TV's, computers, most inexpensive scopes and binoculars, fishing lures and tackle, cell phones, cameras, household wares, kid's toys, hand and electric power tools, etc.?

Ducking buying RCBS because they seem to be the first reloading company to buy from China is too little, too late to make any difference! And I understand that many of the newest gimmick on the block, digital scales, no matter whose label is on them are almost all made in China.

Between corporate taxes and silly EPA regulations, our Government has pretty much destroyed our manufactoring sector, and it's too late to do much about it. This new "cap and trade" is no less than a farce to expand gov. control of more of our manufacoring base AND our standard of living by taxing us even more.

Dead on brother.

You better hope china keeps investing here and does not call in there full debt oboma is going to come to reality this Oct.

Ya this reminds me of I won't buy a jap truck nothing but american Chevy Dodge only, my used 06 Tundra will sell for more then either of the other two new.

Posts: 450 | Location: CA. | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fasteel:
quote:
Originally posted by utk:
End of rant.

You should have started this rant about 30 years ago. FS

40 years ago.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got a new RCBS hand priming tool to replace my OLD tool that finally broke. I see no marking on the tool or the box or the paperwork that says where it was made.

My old one had better curves and a nice chrome finish!

Posts: 286 | Registered: 25 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of allensee
posted Hide Post
Hey utk - how can we except a lower salary when we can't afford what we need now.

Posts: 78 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 14 December 2008Reply With Quote