New
Find
Notify
Tools

My apologies for ..........
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
posting this twice. I accidentally posted it in the "Gunsmithing" site also. I'll try to do better in the future [Smile]
I received an email in answer to one of my questions on another site. To make a long story short, he said Dillon told him never to use a die that begins with an "L" on a Dilon press. Have any of you heard that and know the reason. He did not know why. I know there has been "bad blood" between Mike Dillon and Lee for years. I'm kinda curious as to what was meant by that statement.

Posts: 62 | Location: CA | Registered: 06 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So what's that got to do with Lyman dies?

Posts: 424 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NotRicochet:
So what's that got to do with Lyman dies?

You need to re-read my post. It says L dies...that means Lyman and Lee.

Posts: 62 | Location: CA | Registered: 06 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I read that. Got the part about bad blood between Dillon and Lee. Haven't figured out the part about Lyman. Mr. Dillon seems to be a very opinionated fellow; whether he has any basis for his recommendation or not I don't know.

As for the dies, I use both Lyman and Lee dies, and occasionally some RCBS ones. Don't have any complaints about any of them.

Posts: 424 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote