New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lapua brass vs..............
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there a difference in the quality of Lapua brass over Hornady or Remington?

Posts: 118 | Location: Lakeville, MN | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If it were possible, I would have Lapua brass for all my cartridges. However, they don't make brass, but for the more classic calibers. Lapua brass is constructed very well, come with annealed case necks, tight primer pockets, and a thick web.

Posts: 185 | Location: IL | Registered: 25 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What about weight consistancy of brass?

Posts: 118 | Location: Lakeville, MN | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lapua brass is very good quality brass as is Norma and RWS brass.

Posts: 323 | Location: Northeastern, PA | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lapua makes very good quality stuff. I wish they made it for more calibers. Lapua is my first choice then Norma. Winchester or Hornady third...

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it were possible, I would have Lapua brass for all my cartridges

I would second that statement for rifle cases.

I wouldn't waste my money on Lapua pistol cases, if they made them.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Some years ago a friend advised me of a bunch of Lapua 308 brass that had been fired once in a NATO test and I got the stuff for a ridiculous low price and shot that brass more times than I can recall and finally had a split neck show up and figured it had more than paid for itself and got rid of it. Outstanding cases in all respects is all I can say. Mind you this was 308 but sure all their calibers would be equal quality. Good Stuff!!
Favor Center!!
dsiteman

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think lapua is the best, I use it in my 9.3x62. Actually Horneber is also on a par.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am building a new rifle in 300 Win Mag rather than 338 win Mag based on availability of Lapua brass.

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can you believe Lapua only recently stopped making .270 Win brass?? I mean, what bean counter made that decision?? One of the singular most popular cartridges, and they stop making brass for it! Mad

OK, the .270 is not used much for precision shooting, but it sounds like there are a few of us, who would gladly use Lapua for all our calibers, if only they would produce the brass... Maybe we should all chip in to write them a petition...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like Lapua brass over anything else, Norma second, Winchester next, then whatever. thumb Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only time I don't use Lapua brass is if it's a caliber they don't make brass for. I'd prefer to buy American. but our U.S. manufacturers no longer seem to have an interest in producing decent brass. I guess the bottom line rules here.
I want the best product I can get for the money. I no longer give a damn where it's made. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm very glad that You all like lapua brass.
It is made in here Finland and I know too that lapua brass is one of the most high quality in the world. I was visited once in lapua gartridge factory.
I use too lapua brass and bullet in my .222 rem sako varmint. Now I was start to reloading and in here Finland we have only vihtavuori powder.
(I really hope that in some day we get hodgon too)
I have N133. What kind of measure of powder is good for lapua 55gr FMJ bullet. Not so sdeedfull, because the speed can broke animal meat (that was happen me few times when I was shoot bird closer than 100 yards).

Posts: 1 | Location: Finland | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote