New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hollywood Sr.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Hollywood Sr. press and recently lucked into a batch of HGS shellholders. While each is numbered, I don't have a list showing which calibers can be used in which shell holder. Does anyone have a list of HGS shellholder applications? Do they follow the same numbering system as the Herter's shellholders for the Hollywood presses?

Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
If you have access to any of the first five or so Handloader Digests, there is a Rosetta Stone chart that will answer your question. If not, give me a list of the ones you have and I will check the list.

Post a pic of your Senior and I might be able to give you some info on it. I own lots of Hollywood equipment.

Oh, and all my shell holders have the actual caliber stamped into them. You may have shellholders from other manufacturers (Dunbar, Lyman, Herters, RCBS, CH, etc).

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
You might try Joe Mueller @ Hollywood Engineering ,818-842-8376 or cadqueenell@aol.com

10642 Arminta st.
Sun Valley CA. 91352

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
Wahoo: if you can determine at least one of those shell holders can accept, I should be able to figure out the manufacturer.

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote