New
Find
Notify
Tools

RWS brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have experience with RWS brass? I found a place that has some in stock but have no working knowledge of it. How does it compare to Lapua, Norma, or Hornady?

I am under the impression that its high end, but want to make sure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
good stuff, definitely on the high end, but expensive & sometimes hard to find

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I have used RWS in 8X57R, and 9.3X74R. I like their brass.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Top brass and comparison to Lapua, but it has probably the thickest walls and thereby the internal volume of the case is lower - therefore you have to do seperate load development with RWS brass.

One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reloader270:
Top brass and comparison to Lapua, but it has probably the thickest walls and thereby the internal volume of the case is lower - therefore you have to do seperate load development with RWS brass.

+1 I use RWS exclusively for the Hornet, excellent brass but noticeably Less volume.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input, I'm on the fence now. I like quality brass, but the smaller internal volume means I have to start over with load development.

I just posted in small calibers (mistake) about Hornady brass in my 257 Weatherby being 5 full grains less than Norma. A start load put me into high pressure right off the bat.

All my other calibers that I use Hornady brass in, have not had this issue, just the 257 Roy.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
RWS brass is very good quality.

We use a lot of it here at AR.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68692 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use in in 9.3 x 64, 9.3 x 74 and 404J.
Have always found it excellent.

Might pay a bit more but save heaps of time
because no need to stuff around with it.

It also lasts ages if reloaded properly.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Fine brass that.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SSA brass is good stuff too; I like it as much as Lapua; but me thinks SSA is using all their production for their own ammo right now. They haven't had any in for 5 months and told me call back in a year or so.

Where do you buy that RWS brass? Cabelas is supposed to have 308 Lapua pretty quick, $79/100 ouch.

Posts: 521 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 12 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zhurh:
Where do you buy that RWS brass? . . .

If you can get around ok in German, egun.de often has quite a bit listed, would just have to work with the seller on shipping but shouldn't be too difficult.

For instance, here's 500 30-06 once fired RWS brass for about $110- at the buy now button, and he states for shipping to other EU countries add another $25-. For other countries one must email him and ask what he would charge. If EU that works out to just over a quarter a case, not bad for good brass.

EGUN

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote